LIFESTYLE
Freeway X BenCab National Artist Collection launched
TENNIS
Review: Babolat Propulse 4
TRAVEL
#WhyILove Cathay Pacific Premium Economy
TRAVEL
Mirabell Palace and Gardens in Salzburg
Photography
On jewellery (or jewelry) photography
DEX N MUT: BEST BULALO IN TOWN
Bulalo with rice all you can
Posted by Dexter Matilla - - 0 comments


The DX Matilla Show was invited recently to the RUN BGC briefing at Lorenzo's Way at, where else, Bonifacio Global City. It was certainly something new for me as I was surrounded by running enthusiasts who I'm assuming all maintain their personal blogs. I only needed a few minutes to realize that these runners practically know one another and they could practically talk about running all night long--from races they participated in to buffs that they ordered online.

It's much like how I am with my tennis group except we speak in sets and Nike bandanas.

Before the actual briefing began, I had a very educational chat with Running Diva (http://jambalayamuzika.blogspot.com/) and another kind runner who I remember by face but I've forgotten the name (old age is catching up with me). Running Diva was really very friendly as she introduced herself first and having overheard them talk about the Bataan Death March 102 Ultramarathon Race, I naturally had to ask what was the experience like. I've read of stories before of runners who've finished long races and the things they say are practically the same but to actually hear it from Running Diva, seeing how she vividly recalls the race, was motivation enough for me to try an ultramarathon someday. I'm very careful not to commit myself because training for that kind of race alone apparently takes 6 months or more. "Four months of training is already cramming," Running Diva said.

Now, Run BGC is something I can do, I just have to decide yet if I'll do 10K or 15K. The most I've done is 21K and while I haven't had the chance to do it again (signed up and paid for the same Condura Run last year but I had to fly out for a coverage), I believe I can do better than my initial time of 2:26:40. Run BGC is an annual running event and it has four categories this year: 500m Kiddie Race, 5K Special Route with Fun Tasks, 10K, and 15K. The race for children is sub-divided into 5-8 years old and 9-12 years old categories.

In a race dubbed, “Ready, Set, Explore!”, runners will enjoy a route that will take them to explore some of BGC’s top attractions – like the interactive parks, playfield, and The Mind Museum. Making it more memorable are the fun challenges along the way. The 5K category has this “explore” route with pit stops that require runners to complete various tasks required to finish the race.

Cash prizes, trophies, exciting premium product packs, and gift certificates await the top three placers of each category. All race finishers will receive a loaded finisher’s kit and the competition’s biggest contingent will get a special award.

But more than that, all finishers in all distance categories, will qualify to join a raffle draw with a grand prize of Asian cruise for 2 courtesy of High Street South. The cruise will take the lucky BGC runner to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia via Singapore before heading to Phuket, Thailand, then back to Singapore. Prize is convertible to P150, 000.00 cash but non-transferable.

Run BGC Ready, Set, Explore! is on November 25, Sunday at 4am. All categories start at 34th Ave., Bonifacio Global City, Taguig (near Mercato Centrale).

For online registration, visit www.runrio.com. Interested parties may also register in Riovana (Bonifacio Global City and Katipunan) or in Toby’s Sports (SM Mall of Asia and Trinoma). Last day of online registration is November 11, while in-store registration ends on November 18. You may visit www.bgc.com.ph or see flyers for more details.

Run BGC Ready, Set, Explore! is part of the weekend long celebration of BGC’s PassionFest happening from November 23 to 25.

Run BGC 2012 is made possible by major sponsors High Street South and Avida Land; and supported by Beyond Yoga, Milo, Nizoral, Sketchers, Soleus, Pinoy Fitness, Takbo.ph, The Bull Runner, Riovana, Toby’s Sports, Run Rio, Inc., Black Beauty, Del Monte Fit ‘n Right, and Unilab Revicon I-ON.


Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Most Read

Recent Posts


Wilson Juice 100 Playtest

Recent comments

Get Recent Comments Widget
Twitter Bird Gadget