Shopping around Christmas time is always a hassle especially if you don't know where and how to start. Sure, you may get to buy gifts for loved ones but if you're like me, you might unintentionally forget to get an item or two; you may spend more on transportation than intended because of going back and forth to different shopping locations; you may miss out on a sweet deal.
Today, Google Chrome offers some tools that should make your Christmas shopping easier and faster. Try these handy apps and extensions out and celebrate this season hassle-free:
- Start a list in Springpad and sync it to your phone. Spice up your Christmas shopping list by adding photos and description to each of the item. When you’re ready to head to the malls to shop, access your list via your Android phone for easy reference.
- Use Google Maps to plan your shopping route. Have more than one mall to hit? Use Google Maps to check out and plan your route for maximize your time (and petrol!) spent. Or do you have long shopping list and need to find good bargains? Why not try shopping at bazaars? Use Google Maps to find out how you can drive to St. James the Great Bazaar in Alabang from Divisoria, Manila to maximize your peso this Christmas season.
- Shopping online? Ensure the safety and reliability of the website with WOT. Based on reviews from millions of users around the world, the nifty little Chrome extension, Web of Trust (or WOT) helps you screen the websites you’re visiting to ensure a safe and secure online shopping experience.
- Hunting for good deals online? Try the eBay Chrome extension. Stay on top of your shopping list with the eBay Chrome extension, which lets you monitor your bids any time you’re online.
- Compare prices in Amazon and eBay with the Shopping Assistant. Online shopping is about finding the best deal possible and with this extension, you can compare products and prices available on Amazon and eBay, to get the best price possible.
- Shopping for a music enthusiast? Head to Terno Recordings. Have a friend who loves Indie music? The Terno Recordings Chrome app has merchandise of bands like French indie pop band Tahiti80, who performed for the indie label’s 10th year anniversary. The store also sells its artists’ songs and albums, so you won’t run out of ideas for Christmas gifts for your music loving friends.
- Need to buy more music? Try Pinoytuner Chrome app. Buy music for as low as P1 in Pinoytuner’s Chrome app store by installing the app in your Google Chrome web browser. Oh and did I mention? They have some pretty cool merchandise for your musically-inclined friends too!
- Shopping on international websites? There’s no need for you to manually calculate the exchange rates with XE Currency Converter. Need to buy something in Europe or the US? This Chrome extension removes the need for you to find the latest exchange rates and calculate prices in your currency. The XE Currency Converter shows the updated rates for a number of currencies, including the Philippine Peso, and does all the work for you in a jiffy.
- Keep up with the latest book releases with the Any New Books Chrome app. Your bookworm friends will be delighted when you whip out the latest bestsellers as gifts. Keep yourself up to date Any New Books and beef up your Christmas shopping list.
- Factor in the opinion of experts and friends. Need to know if the 50% discounted plasma TV in eBay is worth the peso? Get advice from both experts and friends with HipSnip Shopper, a Chrome app that lets you clip URLs, images, and text lists of products, so you can get opinions and recommendations easily.