Sony Ericsson Philippines launched recently two new handsets, the Neo V and the upgrade to its flagship Xperia model, the Arc S which I will be talking about in this post.
Physically, it's the same as the original Arc except for a couple of cool new features including a faster processor, integrated Facebook Inside, AND it gives you the ability to take 3D pictures that you could blow up onto your large-screen 3D LCD/LED/Plasma and view, of course, in 3D if you have the glasses.
I won't get too technical--because just like when I'm writing about art, I don't see the need for writing hifalutin words to make it appear like you know what you're talking about--but if you're thinking of getting an Android phone and the SE Arc S is one of your options, here's what you need to know:
- it's fast. really. going through panels and apps is very fluid.
- the camera is really great for a mobile phone. recording videos even in low light is now possible thanks to the Arc's Sony Exmor R CMOS sensor.
- if you're a Facebook nut, you'll enjoy Facebook Inside, which lets you see, among other things, your friends pictures and videos without even opening an app. Facebook is integrated into your phone!
- it runs 3D games really well.
- my only gripe with it is the on-screen keyboard which is sometimes difficult to use when texting. For me at least, the keys could have been made a little bit bigger.
- and... it's cheaper than the original Arc! what?? yes. (but I'll have to confirm the SRP first before I can post it)
I'm really impressed with the imaging capability of the Arc S and every now and then, I'll try to post outdoor pics taken with the Arc S and post it here in my blog. But for now, here are two unedited macro shots I took using the phone.
Photos and graphics by Dexter R. Matilla