LIFESTYLE
Freeway X BenCab National Artist Collection launched
TENNIS
Review: Babolat Propulse 4
TRAVEL
#WhyILove Cathay Pacific Premium Economy
TRAVEL
Mirabell Palace and Gardens in Salzburg
Photography
On jewellery (or jewelry) photography
DEX N MUT: BEST BULALO IN TOWN
Bulalo with rice all you can
Posted by Dexter Matilla - - 0 comments

Text and photos by Dexter Matilla

Freeway does it again.

This time, they honor National Artist for the Visual Arts Vicente Manansala with a collection that I really, truly found impressive.

I really envy the collection Freeway launched for the ladies last October 18 at the Row in Glorietta 5. I kept thinking, if only there was a men's version for most of them, I'd have them in my rotation. But I heard that there would be pieces for men and that is something to look forward to.

Below are my top three from the collection. I based it on how I felt they looked really classy and would make any classy woman all the more attractive:

First place

Second place

 Tie for 3rd

Manansala is known for his cubism and the artworks really do look good on clothing, interpreted of course by Freeway.

Hosts of the night were Divine Lee and Tim Yap (both of whom I later saw at the Mega Publishing event at Prive in Bonifacio Global City) with special guests Ronna Manansala (Manansala's granddaughter), Cedie Lopez-Vargas (The Lopez Museum), and Maritess Mendoza-Pineda (President of the Friends of Manansala Foundation).

I got to speak with Ronna before the program started and I found out that she is an artist herself and that her group "Kunst Pilipino Group" was also there to make portraits of guests.

Here are more images from the night:








Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Most Read

Recent Posts


Wilson Juice 100 Playtest

Recent comments

Get Recent Comments Widget
Twitter Bird Gadget