LIFESTYLE
Freeway X BenCab National Artist Collection launched
TENNIS
Review: Babolat Propulse 4
TRAVEL
#WhyILove Cathay Pacific Premium Economy
TRAVEL
Mirabell Palace and Gardens in Salzburg
Photography
On jewellery (or jewelry) photography
DEX N MUT: BEST BULALO IN TOWN
Bulalo with rice all you can
Posted by Dexter Matilla - - 0 comments



Since my appendix was removed last September, I've only played tennis thrice. The first two were mostly just rallies and the third one was a match that had me getting surprised at myself.

My racket is the Wilson BLX 90 Tour and since it's a heavy stick, I found myself struggling a lot in those two rallies. I needed a light racket that I could use just so I could get the feeling back in my arms without straining it too much. The only other light racket that I really liked was the Adidas Barricade but since Adidas took it back (boo!) I had no other option. Thankfully, there's the Pure Drive Lite GT from Babolat.

The racket is such a beauty, I have to say. I don't want to get into the technical stuff too much but I really love how this 10.5oz. racket allows me to hit heavy shots the way my Wilson BLX 90 does. I mean, wow, it's as if I didn't stop playing tennis for a month. But of course I felt myself a step slower that time but when I'm able to prepare myself to make a forehand at full swing, the pop I get from the Pure Drive Lite GT is too sweet for words. This is such a solid racket and thanks to Babolat's Cortex System, I don't feel any vibration especially when I approach the net for volleys.



The only area where I had trouble with this racket is with my backhand slice. I don't know if it's the 100 sq. in. head size or what. But other than that, I truly love this racket especially since it allowed me to enjoy tennis again even if I am just one month removed from surgery. Or else I'd go crazy. Beginners will love this racket but I'm sure those who are a little more experienced would appreciate the Babolat Pure Drive Lite GT for the power and ease in mobility that this provides.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Most Read

Recent Posts


Wilson Juice 100 Playtest

Recent comments

Get Recent Comments Widget
Twitter Bird Gadget