LIFESTYLE
Freeway X BenCab National Artist Collection launched
TENNIS
Review: Babolat Propulse 4
TRAVEL
#WhyILove Cathay Pacific Premium Economy
TRAVEL
Mirabell Palace and Gardens in Salzburg
Photography
On jewellery (or jewelry) photography
DEX N MUT: BEST BULALO IN TOWN
Bulalo with rice all you can
Posted by Dexter Matilla - - 0 comments

I remember it clearly. It was when I first heard of "Earth Hour" early this year, the concept of which is that the Philippines would go dark for one hour. Everybody was invited to turn off their lights at the same time for a certain time.

While imagining how the Philippines would look like if it went dark for one hour, a light bulb suddenly lit in my head. A simple idea with a simple premise: what if everyone all over the world took a picture at the same time?

I felt that it was very possible. Almost everybody have camera phones now, some even have two or three! (I was guilty of lugging around three phones at one time but now I'm happy with the Sony Ericsson Xperia2.) Need I even mention that almost everybody is getting into the DSLR craze nowadays?

Now, given those facts, I thought everybody could easily participate in it so i thought of a possible name. I just came up with one and stuck with it--One Shot.

I then thought how the hell would I get the project rolling? Hmmm...

Boom!

Just a few minutes ago, I read about this:

http://lens.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/04/20/readers-9/?partner=rss&emc=rss


Journalists are often at their worst when trying to predict the future. But it seems safe to say that many hundreds — if not thousands — of shutters will be released simultaneously on Sunday, May 2, as photographers around the world help Lens create “A Moment in Time”; one single moment in the life of the planet.


That moment will be 15:00 hours in Coordinated Universal Time or U.T.C., the contemporary equivalent of Greenwich Mean Time. In the United States, under daylight time, this would be 11 a.m. on the East Coast, 10 a.m. in the Midwest, 9 a.m. in the West and 8 a.m. on the West Coast.

Sigh... another idea lost. When will I ever learn? 

But hey! At least it's the New York Times doing it. And yeah... I'm joining.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Most Read

Recent Posts


Wilson Juice 100 Playtest

Recent comments

Get Recent Comments Widget
Twitter Bird Gadget