LIFESTYLE
Freeway X BenCab National Artist Collection launched
TENNIS
Review: Babolat Propulse 4
TRAVEL
#WhyILove Cathay Pacific Premium Economy
TRAVEL
Mirabell Palace and Gardens in Salzburg
Photography
On jewellery (or jewelry) photography
DEX N MUT: BEST BULALO IN TOWN
Bulalo with rice all you can
Posted by Dexter Matilla - - 2 comments



If you don't mind unrealistic story telling--and I don't mean Transformers 2 coz I love it to pieces (http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/smg-transformers-10-questions.html)--then Ice Age 3 should be a fun watch. Even more so if you watch it on Dolby 3D, which is exactly what we got at the Gateway Mall.

First thing I noticed is that the 3D glasses that Dolby offers is better-looking and seems to be better-made than that of IMAX. I can't figure out, however, if Dolby 3D is somewhat 10% darker than IMAX.


The film is in 3D all throughout and I've always been amazed at how the images seem to jump out to me. The rendering of the characters and the background is just so good that I didn't even pay attention to the story. It's really just one of those films where all you have to do is sit back, relax, and enjoy.

Two new characters are introduced in the film (a third one by the end of the film): Buck, a one-eyed weasel who hunts dinosaurs and Scratte, a female version of the lovable, non-speaking squirrel from the first two Ice Ages.


The plot takes off when Sid the sloth (voiced by John Leguizamo) steals three dinosaur eggs buried somewhere deep under the icy world we've all come to know. The eggs hatch and Sid takes care of the baby rexes until mother rex finds them and brings all four back to the prehistoric world down below. Now this is where it gets crazy coz I just can't fathom the idea of an entire world, complete with vegetation, existing under an ice age world. But whatever. Mammoths Manny, a pregnant Ellie, Smilodon Diego, and the two possums that brought up Ellie follow of course to save their sloth friend.


There they meet Buck who proves to be helpful through their journey. Scrat and Scratte eventually find themselves down there too as they fight over a single piece of acorn. This is the first time, I think, that Scrat interacts extensively with the main characters. Anyway, I won't be giving anything away but there are some parts of the film that truly made me laugh. One thing I ironically found corny, though, was the laughing gas scene which I felt was a minute or two too long.


Watch out for Buck as he has some of the best lines in the film despite obviously being the most looney out of all the characters. Me thinks there could possibly be a sequel as Buck seems to have a bigger story to tell. If not in Ice Age 4, then maybe a spin-off.

2 Responses so far.

  1. Nice movies and I do same at your activity, I review it at my blogspot.
    :-)

  2. DX says:

    thank you for the comment samuel :) do you have an english version of your blog? :)

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Most Read

Recent Posts


Wilson Juice 100 Playtest

Recent comments

Get Recent Comments Widget
Twitter Bird Gadget