LIFESTYLE
Freeway X BenCab National Artist Collection launched
TENNIS
Review: Babolat Propulse 4
TRAVEL
#WhyILove Cathay Pacific Premium Economy
TRAVEL
Mirabell Palace and Gardens in Salzburg
Photography
On jewellery (or jewelry) photography
DEX N MUT: BEST BULALO IN TOWN
Bulalo with rice all you can
Posted by Dexter Matilla - - 0 comments





(Feb 10 edit) I'll be watching the screening later. Be back with my thoughts on the film.

(Feb. 14 edit) At the risk of making this blog seem girly, I'm gonna give my thoughts on Confessions of a Shopaholic.

MovieWeb - Movie Photos, Videos & More


I've always liked Isla Fisher ever since her role in the film Wedding Crashers. When I saw the trailer for this film late last year, I actually thought it was Amy Adams starring. Anyways, don't expect anything deep (think Devil Wears Prada lol) from this film.

Gardening reporter Rebecca Bloomwood (Fisher) has always dreamt of working for Allette Magazine. She then decides to apply for the magazine but a series of unfortunate events leads her to working for sister publication Successful Savings where the editor happens to be the same guy who paid for her hotdog a few scenes earlier.

MovieWeb - Movie Photos, Videos & More


Bloomwood then develops a character, The Girl with the Green Scarf, and her first article for Successful Savings becomes a hit. Everything happens fast from here. There are bits and pieces in the film that stood out for me but nothing that would really make anyone think.

One thing that I didn't like, however, was Bloomwood's reasoning for lying:"...because I shop." It's like any other addiction--thus the inclusion of a shopaholics anonymous therapy group--that could never be justified no matter what.

MovieWeb - Movie Photos, Videos & More


The film runs close to two hours and for what's it worth, it's a good date film. I was surprised to see (producer) Jerry Bruckenheimer's name in the credits. Thus, expect some effects in the film.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Most Read

Recent Posts


Wilson Juice 100 Playtest

Recent comments

Get Recent Comments Widget
Twitter Bird Gadget