LIFESTYLE
Freeway X BenCab National Artist Collection launched
TENNIS
Review: Babolat Propulse 4
TRAVEL
#WhyILove Cathay Pacific Premium Economy
TRAVEL
Mirabell Palace and Gardens in Salzburg
Photography
On jewellery (or jewelry) photography
DEX N MUT: BEST BULALO IN TOWN
Bulalo with rice all you can
Posted by Dexter Matilla - - 4 comments


For mere aesthetics alone, I’d take the Prince O3 Speedport Blue any time of the day over any of the tennis rackets available in the market right now. It may be because my favorite color is blue that I specifically requested for the Speedport Blue as opposed to the Red and the Silver.
But after taking my first few practice swings, I even had more reasons to love the Prince O3 Speedport Blue. Since I’m reviewing this racket during the clay court season, it was only appropriate that I use this at the clay courts in our village.
When I started playing tennis in November 2006, I used the very old model Prince Classic Lite I as my primary racket simply because of the control and power it gives me. Shifting towards the Speedport Blue felt like jumping a couple of years into the future.
Even at 10.4 oz. strung, it felt very light and solid. This may be because of its aerodynamic design that allows for faster swing speeds. And since I’m the type who’s not afraid to bruise his racket to run after those low-flying volleys, I was sure that the Prince O3 Speedport Blue would be able to hold up and last more than a couple of beatings.
I tried experimenting on different swing motions with my forehand to test the maneuverability of the Speedport Blue and I realized that the racket would probably perform best for those who are used to medium strokes. Although I got fairly good results doing full swinging motions with the Speedport Blue, I somehow prefer my Prince Classic Lite I because of the power and ability it gives me to place the ball wherever I prefer on the court.
On the other hand, my backhand seemed to be happier with the Speedport Blue. As the racket is very light and I use a one-handed backhand, I saw an improvement making cross-court shots that fly just above the net.
Doing serves with the Speedport Blue is, again, dependent on what the player prefers. Flat servers would probably like this racket but those who can pull off kick-serves on a regular basis may prefer a different one.
Blocking volleys is fairly easy with the Speedport Blue. Like what I said, it felt very solid and you’d know you’re safe playing at the net with this one because after a few successful pops, you’ll start to feel confident.
I guess the Prince O3 Speedport Blue was made for those players in-between because I could definitely recommend this racket to both beginners who are probably used to short, abbreviated swings, as well as professionals who play more of a thinking game compared to a power one.

4 Responses so far.

  1. thanks a lot for the review. Very helpful because i was thinking to buy this racket.
    cheers..

  2. thanks a lot for the review. Very helpful because i was thinking to buy this racket.
    cheers..

  3. thanks a lot for the review. Very helpful because i was thinking to buy this racket.
    cheers..

  4. DX says:

    happy i could help :)

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Most Read

Recent Posts


Wilson Juice 100 Playtest

Recent comments

Get Recent Comments Widget
Twitter Bird Gadget